This is such a quick and easy smoothie that is perfect for breakfast, especially post-exercise. It has an almost sweet and sour taste and the peanut butter provides protein whilst the kiwi fruit packs in Vitamin C. Most of all, it's deliciously refreshing!
- 1 Banana
- 1 Kiwi Fruit
- 2tbsp Peanut Butter
- Juice of a 1/4 Lime
- 100ml Coconut Water
Takes less than 5 minutes to make
- You will need a smoothie maker or tall blender for this recipe. I use a great Lakeland smoothie maker which uses a portable plastic beaker to hold the ingredients whilst you blend them and then you add a cap and drink straight from it. Saves on washing up!
- Chop or break up the banana and put into the blender.
- Peel the kiwi fruit and slice before adding to the banana.
- Cut a lime into 4 and squeeze the juice from one quarter into the blender.
- Spoon out the peanut butter and add it to the fruit mixture.
- Add the coconut water and pour over all the ingredients and then put the lid on and pulse the blender until everything is broken down and a smooth liquid remains.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!