Tomato & Mozzarella Omelette
This was something I put together for lunch recently using leftover ingredients in the fridge and it was delicious! The flavours work together really well and it is both cheap and easy to make.
Serves 1 (double the ingredients and use a bigger frying pan for two)
- 2 Free-Range Eggs
- 1/3 block Mozzarella
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 large handful Spinach
- 1tsp Olive Oil or 1 knob Butter
- 1tsp Dried Mixed Herbs (Dried Oregano would also work well)
- Splash of Milk
- Salt & Pepper to season
5minutes to prepare and 5-10 minutes to cook on the hob & under the grill
- Crack the eggs into a jug and whisk together with the splash of milk, the dried herbs and seasoning.
- Cut the mozzarella into thin strips, slice the cherry tomatoes and finely chop the spring onion and spinach.
- Heat a frying pan with the olive oil or butter and add the spring onion and tomatoes and fry for a couple of minutes until softened.
- Add the spinach and stir everything around, keeping the ingredients in an even layer across the pan before adding the egg mixture. Pop the grill on to heat up.
- Cook on a medium heat on the hob for a few minutes until you can run a spatula around the side of the pan without the egg leaking past the edges.
- Remove from the heat and lay the mozzarella evenly across the top, adding a final pinch of pepper over the cheese.
- Cook under the grill until the cheese has melted and the top is golden and serve on its own or with a green salad.