Roquefort, Bacon & Kale Spaghetti
A quick pasta dish has to be one of the best recipes when you want something speedy but delicious for dinner. This is one of those recipes and it is incredibly tasty.
- 1 packet of Roquefort cheese
- 1 packet of Bacon (or pancetta if you prefer)
- ½ pack of Kale
- A small bunch of fresh Sage
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- ½ small glass of White Wine
- 200ml Chicken Stock
- Zest and juice of 1 small lemon
- 300g of Wholewheat Spaghetti (or normal spaghetti if you prefer)
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- Black Pepper to season
5minutes to prepare and 15minutes cooking time
- Firstly add the spaghetti to a pan of boiling salted water and leave to cook according the packet instructions which should be around 8minutes.
- Pop the kale into another pan of boiling water and cook for a few minutes then drain and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan. Finely chop the onions and garlic and add the onions to the oil. Cook for a few minutes until softened then add the garlic.
- Cut the bacon into small chunks over the frying pan with the onions and garlic (I removed the fat but keep this on if you prefer) then add the sage, which should be finely chopped, and stir everything together before adding the white wine.
- Let this cook away then add the stock, the lemon zest and juice and turn the heat up, letting the stock bubble away for a few minutes until it thickens.
- Drain the pasta and set aside. Add the roquefort to the sauce (reserving a little for decoration), stir until melted and add the cooked kale.
- Lastly, stir the spaghetti into the sauce coating everything together, season with black pepper and serve with some crumbled roquefort on top.