Sweet Potato & Leek Soup
This is a different take on the traditional Leek & Potato Soup recipe, using sweet potato instead of potatoes. It's more healthy and if I may say so, even more tasty!
- 2 Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium-sized Leeks
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 2 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 500ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Groundnut Oil
- Black Pepper to season
Takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15-20 minutes cooking on the hob
- Peel the sweet potatoes and chop into chunks.
- Slice the leeks and finely chop the garlic.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the leeks. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring around until softened.
- Add the garlic, thyme (just the herbs and not the sprig) hunks of sweet potato and stir everything together. Season with black pepper.
- Add the stock and leave to simmer for 15 minutes or until the sweet potato is soft.
- Using a hand blender, pulse the vegetables until you have a smooth soup.
- Serve with a little chilli oil on top and a chunk of crusty bread and butter on the side!