Spinach Pesto & Prawn Courgetti
I grew courgettes on my allotment last year and had to continually think of new recipes to use them up and making courgetti is an easy, healthy and tasty way to eat the vegetable. This spinach pesto is an alternative to normal pesto and it works really well with the courgettes and prawns.
- 2 large handfuls of Baby Spinach
- Small handful of Blanched Almonds
- 1/2 clove of Garlic
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (add more to loosen if needed)
- Squeeze of Lemon Juice
- Good grating of Fresh Parmesan
- Salt and Black Pepper to season
- 2 Courgettes
- 12-15 Raw King Prawns
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- Zest of 1/2 a Lemon
- Black Pepper to season
- Parmesan to serve
Takes 10 minutes to prepare and 5 minutes cooking on the hob
- Firstly, make the pesto. Put all of the ingredients into a hand blender or food processor (no need to chop anything as the blade will do that!) and blitz until an almost smooth paste. Add more oil if needed.
- Using a spiralizer or julienne peeler, prepare the courgettes into spaghetti like strips. When you get towards the end of the courgettes (the last inch or so), chop the last chunk into half moon pieces, removing the very end piece.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and when hot, add the prawns. When they start to turn pink, add the courgette strips and pieces.
- Allow the courgette to wilt and soften and keep stirring until the courgette is cooked and the prawns are completely pink.
- Squeeze in the lemon and season with black pepper.
- Finally, stir in some of the spinach pesto and serve with a grating of parmesan over the top.