This has to be one of my staple breakfasts as it is high in protein, easy to make and absolutely delicious. If you like Mexican food, you'll love this!
Serves 1 (or 2 with toast on the side)
- 2 Large Free Range Eggs
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Clove of Garlic
- 1/2 Red Chilli (add more as you wish)
- 6 Cherry Tomatoes
- Handful of Cooked Ham or Chorizo (optional)
- 1/2 an Avocado
- 1/4 Block of Feta
- Small Bunch of Fresh Coriander
- Squeeze of Lime
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Oil
- Black Pepper to season
Takes 5 minutes to prepare and 15 minutes cooking on the hob/under the grill
- Put the grill on a high heat. Then crack the eggs, whisk in a bowl and season with black pepper and put aside.
- Finely slice the spring onion and chop the garlic, chilli and cherry tomatoes. If you're adding ham or chorizo, chop that up also.
- Heat a frying pan on a medium heat with the olive oil and add the spring onions and garlic. Stir for a minute then add the chopped chilli and cherry tomatoes and stir for another minute until softened. Add the ham or chorizo, if using, and mix everything together.
- Flatten all of the ingredients out so they're evenly spaced then educe the heat slightly and add the eggs. Leave to cook for a couple of minutes before crumbling over the feta - leave some big chunks and smaller ones.
- Put the frying pan under the grill and leave to cook until the omelette is set and there is colour on the top.
- Remove from the grill and put on a plate to serve. Chop the avocado into chunks and finely chop the coriander and add both to the top along with a squeeze of lime and a drizzle of chilli oil.