Roasted Pepper & Sun-dried Tomato Spaghetti with Turkey Meatballs
This is a delicious healthy pasta dish that is full of fresh, zesty flavour.
- 1 tbsp Rapeseed Oil
- 500g Turkey Mince
- 1 tbsp Green Pesto
- Zest of 1 Lemon and 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- Handful of Fresh Oregano
- 2 cloves of Garlic
- 1 Onion
- 1 large jarred Roasted Pepper
- 4 Sun-dried Tomatoes in Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Dried Chilli Flakes
- 1/2 tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar
- Handful of Baby Spinach
- 140g Wholewheat Spaghetti
- Salt and Pepper to season
Takes 10 minutes to prepare and 20minutes cooking on the hob
- Put the turkey mince in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Crush one clove of the garlic, finely chop the oregano and zest the lemon and add to the bowl with a tbsp of pesto and some salt and pepper. Stir everything together then roll into balls - you should get 10 but if you prefer the meatballs smaller you could make 12-14.
- Add the roasted pepper, sun-dried tomatoes, chilli flakes and other clove of garlic to a blender. Chop the onion roughly into chunks and add to the other ingredients with some salt and pepper before blitzing to a thick mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and when it's hot, add the meatballs. Don't put the heat too high as the meatballs will stick. Keep an eye on the meatballs as they're cooking and turn regularly so they are browned on all sides. When you think they're done, carefully cut into one to check there is no pink meat left.
- Put a small frying pan on the heat and add the roasted pepper mixture and stir until hot. Add the tomato puree, balsamic and chopped tomatoes and leave to cook on a low heat.
- Add the spaghetti to a large saucepan pan of salted boiling water and cook according to the packet until al dente.
- Add the baby spinach to the sauce and leave until wilted.
- Drain the spaghetti and put it back into the saucepan. Add the sauce and the meatballs to the pan and stir everything together.
- Serve with a grating of parmesan on top.