Smoky Breakfast Beans
If you fancy something filling for breakfast but want to keep the carbs down then this is a perfect dish for you. It's quick to make too and is delicious with a poached egg - add a slice of toast (or a protein thin as I have used here) if you wish. If you wanted to make this into a Vegetarian/Vegan dish then just substitute the sausage/chorizo, bacon jam and worcester sauce.
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tin of Cannelini Beans
- 3-4 leftover Sausages or 50g Chorizo
- 1/2 a Red Onion
- 1 clove of Smoked Garlic (standard garlic is also fine)
- 250g Passata
- 1 tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Eat 17 Chilli Bacon Jam (if you can't get this then red onion marmalade would also work)
- 1 tsp Worcester Sauce (Henderson's Relish could be used as a vegetarian/vegan option)
- 1/2 tsp Mixed Herbs
- Salt & Black Pepper to season
Takes 15mins to cook on the hob
- Peel and finely chop the onion and garlic
- Chop the leftover sausage or chorizo into slices
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and add the onion when hot. Stir fry on a medium heat for a few minutes until softened but not browned. Add the garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the leftover sausage or chorizo and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the smoked paprika, chilli bacon jam, tomato puree, worcester sauce, mixed herbs and cannelloni beans and stir everything together.
- Pour in the passata, season and stir until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce.
- Cook for another 5 minutes or so until the sauce has thickened a little and then serve.