Chicken Arrabbiata Spaghetti
Sometimes a bowl of pasta is all you want for dinner and this Chicken Arrabiata is delicious, quick and easy. It has a good kick, as I feel an Arrabbiata sauce should, but can be made less spicy by reducing the chilli if you prefer. It can be made without chicken for a vegetarian/vegan recipe.
- 2 Chicken Breasts
- 1-2 Red Chillies (with seeds if you like it extra spicy)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 1tbsp Tomato Puree
- ½ tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- Zest and juice of ½ a Lemon
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp Oregano
- 1tbsp Olive Oil
- 120g dried Wholewheat Spaghetti
- Handful of fresh Basil leaves
- Salt & Pepper
Takes 5minutes to prepare and 10minutes to cook on the hob.
- Slice the chicken breasts into strips. Crush the garlic cloves and finely chop the chilli. Put a kettle of water onto boil.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and when it’s hot, add the chicken breasts. Once starting to colour, put the spaghetti on to cook in a large pan of boiling water.
- Add the chilli and garlic to the chicken and stir everything around. Cook for a couple of minutes and then add the lemon zest, tomato puree, paprika, oregano and chopped tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and then bring the sauce to a simmer.
- Drain the spaghetti and then add to the pan of sauce with the lemon juice, coating the spaghetti in the sauce.
- Serve with the fresh basil and a grating of parmesan.