Prosciutto, Peach & Mozzarella Salad
I simply had to post the recipe for this summer salad which I’ve been enjoying pretty much once a week for the last few weeks! Really simple, low in carbs and tastes delicious.
For the Salad:
- 1-2 ripe Peaches (depending on how fruity you like your salads)
- 1 pack of Prosciutto
- 1 ball of Mozzarella
- 1 packet of Salad leaves (I find Rocket or Pea Shoots or a mixture of the two work best)
- 1 handful of Greek Basil or Basil
For the Dressing:
- 2tbsp Olive Oil
- 1tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- ½ tsp of Dijon Mustard
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to season
Takes around 10minutes to prepare
- Cut the peaches (unpeeled) into slices or chunks and set aside.
- Pour the salad leaves into a bowl and add the Prosciutto, tearing it over the salad.
- Drain the mozzarella and slice into medium-sized chunks.
- Take a handful of greek basil/basil and finely chop, setting aside.
- To make the dressing, add all the ingredients to a jug and whisk together with a small whisk or fork, if you don’t have one. Try the dressing to check the seasoning and adjust to your preferred taste.
- Add the peaches and mozzarella to the salad and mix together with your hands.
- Scatter the basil over and top with the dressing and serve - delicious on its own or with some crusty bread if you want to make it a little more substantial.